Girmit Recipe Detailed Video is below
Recipe Card for Girmit
Write a review
- • 4 cups, puffed rice/mandakki/churmuri/murmura
- • 4 tablespoon, fried gram powder/Putani
- • 3, finely chopped green chilies
- • 2, finely chopped onion
- • 4, crushed garlic cloves
- • 1 ,finely chopped tomato (deseeded)
- • 1/4 cup ,tamarind pulp (1 lemon sized)
- • 1/2, juice of lemon
- • 2 tablespoon, finely chopped coriander leaves
- • 1/4 cup, sev or mixture
- • 1 teaspoon, oil
- • 1/2 teaspoon, mustard seeds
- • 1/2 teaspoon, cumin/jeera seeds
- • 1/2 teaspoon, turmeric powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon,asafoetida/hing
- • 1/2 teaspoon,sugar (optional)
- • 4-5, curry leaves
- • salt,as per taste
- Heat oil in a kadai. Make a small slit , fry 2 green chilies ,sprinkle some salt and keep it aside.
- In the same oil , add in mustard seeds,cumin,garlic,hing,chillies and turmeric and saute.
- Then add onions,salt and cook until onions turn soft.
- Add tamarind pulp and saute for another 2 minutes and keep girmit mixture is ready…cool it and keep aside.
- Take puffed rice/mandakki in a deep bowl, add onions,tomato,coriander ,fried gram powder and girmit mixture and mix well.
- On a serving plate put prepared mixture and top it with some more coriander leaves ,sev and fried chilles.
- Girmit is ready ,serve it immediately else puffed rice becomes soggy.
indian veggie delight http://www.indianveggiedelight.com/