Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa|Carrot Halwa Pressure Cooker Recipe
You can also try my other INSTANT POT recipes like
Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa Video Recipe
Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe Card
Instant pot Carrot Halwa|Gajar Ka Halwa
Carrot Halwa - Rich Indian Dessert made with fresh carrots, milk and sugar with generous amount of ghee added.
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 tbsp ghee/clarified butter OR coconut oil
- 2 cups, peeled and grated carrot or 4 medium sized carrot
- 1 cup full fat milk OR almond milk
- 1/2 cup, sugar (adjust as per your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon, cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon sliced almonds or pistachios (for garnish)
- Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add ghee or coconut oil in to the POT.
- Then add grated/shredded carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until raw smell of carrots disappear.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
- Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.
- Set the pot to manual (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes.
- Do a QUICK RELEASE(QR)(Wait until silver button on lid drops).BE CAREFUL OF THE HOT STEAM.
- Open the lid and Turn the pot to SAUTE(HIGH) again.
- Cook mixture for 3-4 minutes until 75% of the milk is reduced.stir in between to avoid from burning.
- Then add sugar,cardamom powder and cook until all the milk has been reduced(evaporated).It appx takes another 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios.
- Serve carrot halwa not,warm or you can also serve it cold.
- 1.Vegans can replace ghee with coconut oil.
- 2.Vegans can use almond milk in place of dairy milk.
- 3.You can also add other dry fruits like cashew-nuts,raisin,pistachios.
- 4.Can reduce sugar if you want it to be lighter version.
indian veggie delight http://www.indianveggiedelight.com/