Detailed Video is below
Masala French Fries
Write a review
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- salt as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mint powder (sukha podina)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chat masala powder
- lemon juice
- Oil to fry
- Peel the potatoes wash and cut into French fries.
- Soak potato in water and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes(removes excess starch in potatoes).
- Drain the water well and lightly pat dry.
- Mix cornstarch, salt, mint powder,chat masala,lemon juice, red and black pepper together.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over potatoes and mix well so all the fries are covered with spices.
- Heat the oil in frying pan on medium high heat.
- To check if the oil is ready, just put potato strip in frying pan. Potato should sizzle.
- Fry the fries till they become gold in color all around, turn the fries a few times while frying.
- Remove fries from oil and place on paper towel.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Soak potato fries in water for 5-10 min,helps to remove excess starch and also helps coloring of potatoes to brown.
indian veggie delight http://www.indianveggiedelight.com/