Methi Chutney|Karnataka Style Menthe Chutney is healthy and is packed with flavors, bitterness from methi/fenugreek seeds ,sweetness from jaggery.Served with idli, rice, dosa, godhi kadabu, billi rotti in Karnataka.
This Menthe Chutney is a commonly prepared chutney at my mom’s home.My mom usually makes this chutney with godhi kadubu(steamed wheatflour dumplings) or bili rotti.But we also ate with dosa and idli.Usually the utter name of fenugreek seeds makes people frown due to its bitter taste, but I bet on this you are just going to love this.
This Methi chutney is not only nutritious but very tasty too.It is good for lactation, strengthens bones, good for backache especially after delivery.Both fenugreek seeds and fenugreek leaves are said to improve milk supply in lactating mothers.
For my Postpartum Diet my mom served me this chutney with steamed rice and pepper rasam.
Health Benefits of Fenugreek(Methi) Seeds
- Increasing Milk Supply for lactating mothers.
- To Maintain Blood Sugar Levels
- Soothe upset stomach and digestive problems
- Supports Heart Health
Ingredients for Methi Chutney
- Roasted Methi/Fenugreek seeds
- grated dry coconut or dessiccated coconut
- Curry leaves
- garlic pods
- small lemon sized tamarind
- cumin (jeera) seeds
- red chilli powder
- salt to taste
How to Make Methi Chutney Step By Step
Place all the ingredients (mentioned above) in the mixer grinder/blender.
Add half cup of water then grind it to make a smooth paste.Note:Always add little by little water while grinding to get desired consistency.If you add more water chutney may get slimy.
Menthe/Methi chutney is ready to eat.Served with idli, rice, dosa, godhi kadabu, billi rotti .Can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days.
You can also try my other Chutney recipes like
Methi Chutney|Karnataka Style Menthe Chutney Recipe Video
Methi Chutney|Karnataka Style Menthe Chutney Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Methi Chutney|Karnataka Style Menthe Chutney
- Place all the ingredients (mentioned above) in the mixer grinder/blender.
- Add half cup of water then grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Menthe/Methi chutney is ready to eat.Served with idli, rice, dosa, kadabu, billi rotti
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 days.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.