Methi Corn Rice|Karnataka Style Methi bath|Easy Lunch Recipe
Methi Corn Rice Video Recipe
Methi Corn Rice Recipe Card
Methi Corn Rice
Write a review
- Measurements Used - 1 cup = 250 ml
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 onion,chopped (optional)
- 1 big bunch methi leaves OR 2 cups of chopped methi leaves
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels/makai ke dane
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal/split black gram
- Pinch of hing/asafoetida
- Few curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Vangibath Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Small lemon size tamarind soaked in little water
- 1 teaspoon jaggery
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- First wash rice and cook it with little salt in the proportion 1:2/2.5(depends on rice quality). Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.
- Meanwhile,remove hard stems of methi leaves,Wash and chop them coarsely.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds,allow the mustard seeds to splutter.
- Add urad dal,curry leaves,hing,red chillis.Fry till the dal turns golden brown.
- Add chopped onions(Optional) and cook till they turn soft.
- Then add sweet corn,chopped methi leaves ,mix and cook till methi leaves are soft approximately takes 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder,salt, jaggery, tamarind juice and vangibath powder.Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water, cook it on low flame until the oil separates from the masala.This masala should not be too dry or liquid.
- Now add the rice and mix it well, cover it with a lid and cook it on low flame for a 3 to 4 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Methi corn rice or Methi corn bath is ready.
indian veggie delight http://www.indianveggiedelight.com/