Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #15 - Spinach Idly + Peanut Chutney + Potato Chips
Some Spinach kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Spinach Coin Dosa + Peanut Chutney + Pineapple
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad + Grapes
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Spinach Idly - This Healthy Spinach Idli Recipe, Steamed Spinach Rice Cake is rich in protein, light, simple, and healthy breakfast.
Spinach Idli|Palak Idli
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup Idli Batter
- ½ cup Spinach Puree (made from 2.5 cups of raw spinach) (i dint blanch palak in this recipe)
- 2 tablespoon shredded carrot (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil for greasing idli pan
- Take 2.5 cups of spinach (palak) and blend in a mixer grinder with 2 tablespoon of water to make a fine paste and keep aside.
- Add the ground paste to 1 cup of of idly batter and mix well.Adjust salt at this stage
- Make sure the spinach paste is well incorporated.Make sure batter should be thick flowing consistency and not running.
- Grease the idli molds in idli steamer using oil, add some shredded carrot and then on top put a spoonful of the batter into idli molds and steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool a bit and de-mould the steamed spinach idly with the help of spoon or smooth side of a knife.
- Serve Healthy Spinach/Palak Idli with Peanut Chutney or Onion Chutney or Coconut chutney for a nice combination for breakfast.
- In this recipe i dint blanch the spinach/palak but you can do it as well.
- Make sure your dosa batter should be little thick ,after adding spinach puree it may become more watery in consistency.
- Make sure the dosa batter is not cold.
- You can also add 1 green chilli and 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves while grinding spinach to give more flavor.
- You can use this batter to make dosas as well.
SNACK - Peanut Chutney: check out my peanut chutney recipe from my blog
SNACK - Potato Chips I used Pringles brand chips which are potato and wheat-based stackable snacks.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- The idly batter should be prepared the previous evening and set to ferment overnight.
- Dry Roast Peanuts the previous evening and store them.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, and BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes for your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
♥ We LOVE to hear from you If you make this recipe, please share your food photo with hashtag #indianveggiedelight on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you ♥
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.
Leave a Reply