Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #16 – Zucchini Carrot Paratha + Boondi Raita + Dates
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Zucchini Carrot Paratha – Here’s the Recipe Link.
SNACK – Boondi Raita
To one cup of whisked curd add 1/4 tsp of pepper powder, 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin (jeera) powder and salt to taste.Then add 1/2 cup of boondi ,mix well and set aside for 20 minutes [for the boondi to soak].For Lunch box i usually dont soak prior because it gets soggy and i just add boondi on top and you can ask your kid to mix before eating.
SNACK – Dates I use organic dates available in Costco, these are rich in protein, iron, vitamins .
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can grate zucchini and carrot in the night .Do not prepare dough in the night, zucchini leaves water ,dough becomes very soft and rolling will be very difficult.so prepare the dough fresh in the morning.
- Add a few teaspoon of milk to yogurt raita can help it not turning sour by lunch time.
- Squeeze the shredded zucchini before preparing dough and keep it aside. (Reserve the water for making dough or use it for any curries).
- Immediately start making the paratha after the dough is prepared.If you leave it for sometime, it will ooze out more water and will be difficult in rolling.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.