Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #19 – Methi Paratha + Ketchup + Moong Sprouts & Pomegranate Salad + Dates
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Methi Paratha – Here is the Recipe Link
SNACK – Tomato Ketchup –few squeezes for dipping.
SNACK – Moong Sprouts & Pomegranate Salad- This is a very simple ,healthy and colorful salad.I have steamed/boiled sprouted moong for 5 minutes till they are little soft.Drain the water and added pomegranate arils , limejuice ,salt ,pepper.thats it.
SNACK – Dates – Also known as Khajoor are very nutritious and rich in iron.I have used pitted dates (de-seeded).
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- The sprouts need about a day’s time to get ready. Soak the whole green moong for 4-6 hours. Drain the water , cover with a moist muslin cloth and set aside to sprout.
- Keep a cup of pomegranate arils ready for the salad.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.