Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #20 - Vegetable Paniyaram + Onion Chutney + Orange
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Vegetable Paniyaram - Here is the detailed Recipe Link
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 3 cups idly/dosa batter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mix veggies (shredded carrot + capsicum + beans)
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated, optional
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 green chill finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (coriander leaves) finely chopped
- salt as needed
- Chop the onion, capsicum, beans, coriander leaves. Grate the carrot and ginger. Keep everything ready.
- Heat a pan with oil and temper with mustard ,urad dal ,jeera and hing. Add the green chilles , ginger & curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute until onion turn translucent. Add the grated carrot, beans and capsicum.Cook for 2-3 minutes till beans turn soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder ,coriander leaves and salt. Saute for a few seconds and switch off.
- Transfer the veggies to the batter once it cools down.Mix the batter well.
- Heat a kuzhi paniyaram pan /Ponganalu skillet and pour oil in each hole. Once the pan gets little hot, pour some batter in each of the holes.
- Add some more oil on the top. Close the lid and cook in low-medium heat. After few minutes flip with the help of a butter knife and cook the other side. Vegetable Paniyarams are ready.
- For kids replace green chillies with red chilli powder.
- Also cook in low-medium heat, if not you will end up having the raw batter in the middle.
- You may use any combination of veggies minced broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage or greens like methi or drumstick leaves works too.
- Use a skillet which has been seasoned well and used in the past. If not the paniyarams will stick to the skillet.
SNACK - Onion Chutney - Here is the Recipe Link
SNACK - Orange - I removed peel/skin of the orange and packed orange in the lunch box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- The idly/dosa batter should be prepared the previous evening and set to ferment overnight.
- Chop and grate the veggies for preparing paniyaram previous evening and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- You can prepare onion chutney previous night .This chutney stays good for 1-2 days when refrigerated.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.