Delicious pasta covered in a creamy spinach sauce along with healthy caramelized makhana (foxnuts/lotus seed) and raspberries make a perfect lunch combo.
This recipe is the perfect example of how you can hide veggies in food to trick the kids into eating them otherwise, they wouldn’t touch a bowl full of spinach
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #30 – Creamy Spinach Pasta + Caramel Makhana + Raspberries
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Beetroot Rice + Yogurt + Dates and Nut Ladoo + Cherries
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Creamy Spinach Pasta – Here is the detailed Recipe Link
Creamy Spinach Pasta
measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250ml
- 1.5 cup Boiled whole wheat or multi grain Farfalle Pasta(1 Cup Raw Farfalle Pasta)
- 1 cup Spinach Puree(made from 3-4 cups of raw spinach (i dint blanch spinach in this recipe)
- 2 Garlic cloves ,minced
- 3 tablespoon Fresh cream or whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon grated processed Cheese(i used amul brand)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- salt to taste
Stove Top Pan Method:
- Heat Olive oil in a pan on medium flame.Add minced garlic and saute for 30 secs.
- Next add spinach puree & sauté it for about 2-3 minutes till raw smell of the spinach goes away.
- Add in the cream ,salt, black pepper powder & oregano. Give a quick stir and cook for a minute.
- Follow it by adding boiled Farfalle Pasta. Give it a quick mix and stir fry on high flame for another 1 minute and pasta is ready.
- Serve in a plate and sprinkle some cheese over it for garnish.
- If you don’t have olive oil, you can use butter or regular cooking oil as well.
- You can use any kind of pasta’s or even Zucchini noodles for low carb option.
- Try using Whole wheat ,Lentils or Veggie pasta for kids.
- If you don’t have cream at home you can replace with same amount of mayonnaise or full fat milk or Alfredo white sauce.
- You can also add sweet corn for this pasta.Goes well with spinach.
- If you dont have time prepare spinach puree, you can just use finely chopped spinach.
- Adjust the salt and pepper as per your preference.
SNACK – Caramel Makhana – Here is the Recipe Link
SNACK – Raspberries – I always use organic berries and i wash them before packing to the lunch box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can cook plain pasta previous evening and prepare spinach sauce in the morning and mix it together.
- You can prepare caramel makhana one day before and store this in airtight container up to 1 week.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.