Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #34 – Palak Paneer Paratha + Tomato Ketchup + Blueberries
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Palak Paneer Paratha – Here is the detailed Recipe Link.
Palak Paneer Paratha
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
For the Spinach Dough:
For the Paneer filling:
- 1.25 cup grated paneer (about 200 gram)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 2 green chiles finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds(jeera) powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garam masala (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
- ½ teaspoon kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon ghee or butter or oil to roast the paratha
- Wash the spinach and blend together with ¼ cup of water to make spinach puree.
- Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water and knead together to make a soft dough.Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- For the Paneer Filling mix all the ingredients listed for making the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch diameter circle.
- Keep 2-3 tablespoon of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
- Dust and roll gently to make a 6-8 inch diameter paratha.
- Heat a griddle/tawa. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apple oil or ghee and cook until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.
- If you are vegan, then skip ghee and butter and use any cooking oil.
- You can also add some chopped mint for extra flavor.
- ¼ cup of grated cheese also can be added to the paneer filling to make spinach cheese paratha.
- Best if homemade paneer is used since it will be softer than store brought.
- You can also add finely chopped onions to the paneer filling.
- If you have leftover paneer bhurji, you can use it as a filling for this paratha.
SNACK – Tomato Ketchup - I used organic ketchup but can also pack mayonnaise or yogurt with paratha as a side.
SNACK – Blueberries– I always use organic berries and wash them before packing them into the lunch box.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare spinach (palak) chapati dough the previous night and also crumble paneer prior helps to save some time in the morning.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.