Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #40 – Beetroot Rice Ball + Guacamole + Tortilla Chips
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Beetroot Rice Ball – Here is the Recipe Link for Beetroot stir fry. I have also added chickpea (chole) to the beetroot stir fry for some protein.
I have mixed beetroot stir fry with some ghee, rice and made it into bite sized balls. So it's easier for the kids to eat without any mess. You can do a similar way for rice and sambar.
1)Use fresh soft hot rice to make this beetroot rice ball. When rice is hot, mash a bit so that when mixed with beetroot subji, it can be made in the shape of a ball and does not break. If the rice is dry, then you cant make a ball.
SNACK – Guacamole – In a large bowl, combine the mashed avocados, onion, chili, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Do not add tomato it will release water when stored for long.
SNACK – Tortilla Chips – I have used store brought tortilla chips for the guacamole.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can grate beetroot the previous evening OR even make subji the previous day.
- Always add lime juice to guacamole else it will turn black.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.