Having to pack school lunches e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y for your kids is hard enough, I am sure there are a lot of parents out there looking for quick, healthy meal ideas. I try to load up my kids box with as much color as I can find in the kitchen. This pasta is my daughter's favorite one!
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #5 - Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Mayonnaise Veg Pasta -Mayo Veggie Pasta is a delicious quick pasta recipe with veggies added to it along with delicious mayonnaise and cheese. This recipe is quick and easy to make and you can use any other type of pasta like macaroni or penne.
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta - a healthy lunch box veggie pasta great for kids.
Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1.5 Cup Boiled Rotini Pasta (1 Cup Raw Rotini Pasta)
- ¼-1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- ½ cup Mixed veggies (corn, carrot, capsicum)
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon grated processed cheese (i used amul brand)
- salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add onion & sauté it for about 2 minutes.
- Then add mix veggies and saute till they turn soft.
- Add mayonnaise ,tomato ketchup ,oregano, red chilli flakes ,black pepper powder and salt .Mix well
- Add cooked pasta .Toss them all together.Cook for 1 minute and turn off the flame.
- Thats it.Mayonnaise Veggie pasta is ready.Sprinkle some processed cheese on top.
- If you don’t have butter, you can use Olive oil or regular cooking oil as well.
- You can add vegetables of your choice and include spinach or mushroom also.
- Try using Whole wheat ,Lentils or Veggie pasta or kids.
- You can also add cheese in Pasta while cooking as well.
- You need to make pasta little saucy so that they don’t become dry at lunch time.
- Adjust the salt and pepper as per your preference.
- Spread the pasta on a plate and let it cool for 10 minutes.
SNACK - Strawberries (Wash, cut into any shape, and then pack into the box)
SNACK - Peanut Chikki Made with jaggery, peanuts this peanut chikki (peanut brittle) recipe is sure to please the kids and adults alike! and rich in protein. This Chikki is specially made during winters to keep your body warm.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can cut the veggies and Boil/Cook the raw pasta the previous evening and refrigerate it in airtight containers.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free, and easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes for your kids, they are toxic.
- You need to make pasta a little saucy so that they don’t become dry at lunchtime.
- Try to pack seasonal fruits into the box.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.