Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #6 – Palak Chapati + Jeera Aloo + Orange
Some kids school lunch box ideas to try…
- Spinach Corn Sandwich + Orange + Almonds & Pistachios
- Carrot Rice + Cucumber + Fruittellas
- Mini Paneer Uttapam + Ketchup + Carrot Sticks
- Potato Spinach Pancakes + Sprouted Moong & Corn Salad+ Grapes
- Mayonnaise Veggie Pasta + Strawberries + Peanut Chikki
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH – Palak Chapati – are made by many moms to sneak in nutrition and are a popular Indian recipe for toddlers and kids. Your little one will enjoy eating colorful chapati.My daughter says them green chapati 🙂 and she loves it.Regular use of spinach helps us to prevent iron deficiency and boosts our immunity.
Palak Chapati (Spinach Chapati)
- Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Knead together to make a dough.i dint use extra water to knead as spinach puree was sufficient to make a soft dough.
- Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll it thinly.Also cut into desired shapes to make it more attractive.
- Cook it on both sides on a hot tawa and spread some ghee on top.
Lunch – Jeera Aloo Subji is one of those dishes you prepare, when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen and still want to eat something delicious.Since i had boiled potato previous night i made this subji in 5 minutes.
How to Prepare
- Cut 1 medium sized boiled aloo/potato into cubes.
- Heat oil in a kadai ,add jeera let it splutter then add hing, turmeric powder, redchilli powder, amchur powder , garam masala powder, salt and quickly add boiled potatoes and stir carefully till the masala covers all the potato cubes well.
- Garnish with some fresh chopped coriander.
SNACK – Orange (Peeled orange and packed orange slices )
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- You can prepare palak/spinach dough in the night and refrigerate in airtight container.
- Boil the potatoes in the night which helps to make aloo jeera next day in few minutes.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon .Do not use plastic lunch boxes to your kids, they are toxic.
- For the soft chapati, it is important to cover the dough and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Try to pack seasonal fruits into the box.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child’s appetite.
Pin It For Later
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.