Fried rice is something I’ve been enjoying cooking on a weekly basis for so many years. Today's lunch box recipe is one of my favorites for busy days! Super easy, healthy, and yummy. Can be made in just under 20 minutes! when you can prep all the ingredients in advance. My daughter likes this version of sweet-spicy fried rice because she gets pineapple chunks with veggies which are both colorful and flavorful.
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or a dietician, I am doing what is best for my kid to create a balanced lunch.
KIDS LUNCH BOX #9 - Pineapple Fried Rice + Fryums + Blueberries
For more kids lunch box ideas click here
Here is what I packed for school lunch…
LUNCH - Pineapple Fried Rice - This pineapple fried rice recipe is one of my favorites for busy days! Super easy, healthy, and yummy. Plus, it's SO colorful!
Pineapple Fried Rice
(1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup cooked rice basmati rice (short grain rice also can be used)
- ½ cup fresh pineapple,chopped
- ½ cup mix veggies (carrot,beans,capsicum,peas)
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil or nay cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon spring onions (optional)
- In a large pan or wok, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until aromatic.Then add onion saute till they get light golden brown.
- Then add mix veggies and stir fry until they are tender but crisp.
- Next add pineapple chunks ,cooked rice, soya sauce ,crushed black pepper, salt and stir well until combined.Turn off the flame.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and chopped spring onions (or scallions). Enjoy!
SNACK - Fryums is basically a cereal (flour and corn starch) based ready to fry pellets. It is quite a popular snack in many Indian homes. They come in a variety of shapes and color such as stars, alphabet, wheels, and flat squares. These are my daughter's favorite and she can eat non-stop.
SNACK - Blueberries Wash the blueberries before packing them into the box. Try to always buy organic berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Prep Work For The Previous Evening
- Chop the pineapple into small chunks, also can cut other mixed vegetables and refrigerate.
- You can fry fryums in oil the previous evening and store them in an airtight container.
- Try to pack seasonal fruits into the box.
- Packed in a stainless steel tiffin box called Lunchbots which is Eco-Friendly, Dishwasher Safe, BPA-Free and is easily available on Amazon. Do not use plastic lunch boxes for your kids, they are toxic.
- You can increase or decrease quantity based on your child's appetite.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes.