Strawberry Orange juice is a refreshing fresh fruit juice recipe perfect for breakfast, happy hour, and parties.
This drink tastes best using fresh strawberries and freshly squeezed orange juice. You can also use frozen strawberries if desired.
These days freshly squeezed orange juice is easily available in Lucky supermarkets or Whole foods markets.
My daughter loves this strawberry and orange juice, so I sometimes give it for her breakfast or as an evening snack. It is also healthy because it is refined sugar-free.
Ingredients for Strawberry Orange Juice Recipe
Gather the ingredients to make the juice.
- Strawberries: Use fresh, ripe, in-season strawberries for the best flavorful juice. I highly recommend using organic strawberries whenever possible to avoid pesticides. You can also use frozen ones.
- Orange juice: Adds a slight tang and elevates the sweetness of the fruit. Freshly squeezed orange juice tastes best. However, you can also use store-bought orange juice.
- Sweetener (Optional): If the strawberries are not sweet enough, then you can add your choice of sweetener, e.g., maple syrup, honey, refined sugar, agave, etc.
- Chaat Masala: Add a pinch of Indian chaat masala for a subtle flavor. It's optional.
- Ice cubes - optional for serving.
How to Make Strawberry Orange Juice
Puree the chopped strawberries with some maple syrup or sugar in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth.
Pour the chilled orange juice into the serving glass, followed by the strawberry puree. Sprinkle a pinch of chaat masala. Mix well.
Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Storage Instructions for Strawberry Orange Juice
Refrigerator: This fresh strawberry orange fruit juice tastes best when served immediately. However, you can store any leftover juice for two days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Give a quick stir before serving.
Freezer: You can freeze the juice in a freezer-safe ziplock, ice cube trays, or popsicle mold for up to 2 months for the best flavor. Use them for slushies, and smoothies, or simply defrost and enjoy them as juice.
Optional Add-ins & Variations
- Liquids: you can dilute the juice further, if desired, with coconut water, or make it fizzy by adding sparkling water.
- Citrus: Adding lemon/lime juice will add tartness to the juice.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs, including mint, basil, rosemary, etc., pair well.
- Other fruits: Fruits like Raspberry, apple, orange, peach, pineapple, banana, watermelon, mango, etc., pair well with this juice.
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to enhance the berry flavor.
- Sweetener: You may use honey, refined sugar, or stevia.
- You can also use store-bought orange juice for this recipe. But freshly squeezed orange juice works the best.
- Also, feel free to increase or decrease the amount of orange juice and strawberry blend in this recipe.
- Adjust the amount of sweetener depending on the sweetness of your strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry puree through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds, if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, frozen strawberries also work well. Make sure to thaw them first else, you may end up with a 'slushie'.
Strawberries and orange juice are nutritious and great sources of vitamin C, which is good for the immune system.
Yes, just feed the diced strawberries through the juicer chute. If you have issues with strawberry pulp getting stuck, add some water.
More Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Fresh Strawberry Juice
- Fruit Sandwich
- Strawberry Raita
- Strawberry Lassi
- Strawberry Salsa
More Beverage Recipes
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Banana Juice
- Mango Lassi
- Mango Milkshake
- Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
If you’ve tried this healthy strawberry orange juice recipe or any other recipe on Indianveggiedelight, then don’t forget to rate the recipe. You can also follow me on Instagram and Facebook to see the latest recipes!
Strawberry Orange Juice Recipe
- fresh strawberries
- Puree the chopped strawberries with some maple syrup or sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the chilled orange juice into the serving glass, followed by strawberry puree and chat masala. Mix well.
- Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- If you are vegan replace honey with maple syrup or refined sugar or stevia.
- You can also use store brought orange juice for this recipe.But freshly squeezed orange juice works the best.
- Also feel free to increase or decrease the amount of orange juice and strawberry blend in this recipe.
- You can also add banana to make a smoothie.
- Pour the berry puree through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds, if you wish.