Gobi Manchurian|Restaurant Style Cauliflower Manchurian
Gobi or Cauliflower Manchurian is one of most popular appetizer from Indian-chinese cuisine.It is usually served as a starter or side dish for fried rice or noodles.
You can also try my other snack recipes like
Gobi Manchurian|Restaurant Style Cauliflower Manchurian Recipe Card
★ DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? Don’t forget to give a ★ rating. Just click on the stars in the Recipe Card to rate!
Gobi or Cauliflower Manchurian is one of most popular appetizer from Indian-chinese cuisine
- measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 medium 2 cups ,Cauliflower/Gobi (cut in florets)
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch/Corn Flour
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour( Maida)
- 2 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Water – as required to make make a bhaji/pancake consistancy batter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Capsicum/bell pepper
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp red chilli sauce optional
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp White Distilled Vinegar (optional) optional
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves/Cilantro(finely chopped) finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green/spring Onion finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
Mix all the ingredients under the batter section and make a bhaji/pancake consistancy batter adding little water at a time.
Make sure your batter is smooth without any lumps.
Add Cauliflower florets into the batter and deep fry till crispy and golden in color.
I fried them in 2 batches,do not overload just add 7-8 florets at a time.
After all the florets are ready. Set them aside on paper towel.
Heat oil till smoky hot,add in ginger, garlic and saute for 20 secs
Furthermore, add onion and capsicum. Saute for 30-90 secs.
Add in all the sauces one by one, then add in vinegar and keep tossing the mixture.
Finally add the fried cauliflower floret, salt (if required) and toss with the sauce for 2 mins. Add coriander/cilantro and spring onions. Give it a final toss and serve immediately.
Serve with tomato ketchup.
1. If the cauliflower has too many insects, you can parboiled cauliflower florets with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for healthy & tasty video recipes