Spicy Masala Makhana Recipe
Spicy Masala Makhana or Roasted Makhana Masala is a healthy instant snack recipe that is made up of makhana(lotus seeds or foxnuts) and few spices in just under 10 minutes.
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
How to Roast Makhana:- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai and add 1 cup of Makhana and dry roast them on very low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are crisp, keep stirring them in between so that Makhana does not burn.To check if they are roasted properly just take one Makhana in hand and crush it ,if it breaks nicely with a crunching sound that means they are done perfectly.Now transfer makhanas to a plate and let them cool.
Put the ghee in the same pan on low heat, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala ,black salt and salt ,mix well and switch off the flame.Do not burn the spices
Add the roasted makhanas, mix well and again turn on the stove and sauté it on a low flame for 2 minutes.Toss it well until the spices are coated well.
Let the Makhana cool to room temperature. You can serve it right away or store in airtight container for later use.
- Adjust the salt and spices according to your preference.
- Do everything in low flame to get the perfect texture and taste .
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can use your favorite combination of spices as mentioned above.
- Foxnuts are eaten during vrat or fasting.
- If you are making in bulk, do it in batches.
- If you are vegan you can replace ghee with coconut oil or olive oil
- Can be stored in an airtight container for a week at room temperature.If they are exposed to air they get soggy and doesnot taste well.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.1g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 5.2g | Sodium: 1.2mg | Potassium: 342mg | Vitamin A: 50IU | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.7mg