Spicy Masala Makhana Recipe
Spicy Masala Makhana or Roasted Makhana Masala is a healthy instant snack recipe that is made up of makhana (lotus seeds or foxnuts) and few spices in just under 10 minutes.
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
Tips & Variations
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Adjust the salt and spices according to your preference.
- Do everything in low flame to get the perfect texture and taste.
- You can use your favorite combination of spices as mentioned above.
- You can eat foxnuts during vrat (or fasting).
- If you are making in bulk, do it in batches.
- If you are vegan you can replace ghee with coconut oil or olive oil.
- You can store masala makhana in an airtight container for a week at room temperature. They get soggy and don't taste well if exposed to air.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.1g | Protein: 3.8g | Fat: 5.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1.2mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 0g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.7mg