Zucchini Sabzi|Indian Style Zucchini Stir Fry
Zucchini Sabzi or Zucchini Masala is an easy and quick indian style stir fry recipe made with zucchini, onions and few spices in less than 20 minutes
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
Wash and cut zucchini into 1/2 inch long pieces.
Heat a pan or kadai with some coconut oil and add cumin seeds let them crackle.
Then add ginger garlic paste, green chilies, asafoetida ,curry leaves and saute for 30 seconds till the raw smell of ginger garlic disappears.
Add onions and saute till they turn light brown in color.
Add chopped Zucchini chunks ,turmeric powder ,coriander powder ,garam masala ,amchur and salt. Mix everything well.Cover the pan with lid, let it cook on the low flame till it is little bit tender for 3-4 minutes. Stir in between.(i dint add any water).
Once zucchini is cooked garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, paratha or rice.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Zucchini needs to be fresh and firm.Also check the taste of zucchini before cooking it, some of them might be bitter in the taste.
- Zucchini chunks should not be too thick or too thin.
- You can skip onions in this recipe, but sabzi tastes better with onions.
- Zucchini contains 95% of water hence no need to add water while cooking, cook it on low flame.
- Zucchini can be replaced with bottle gourd/lauki
Calories: 42kcal | Protein: 2g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 546mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3.2g | Vitamin A: 29.8IU | Vitamin C: 33.2mg | Calcium: 3.3mg | Iron: 4.1mg