Palak Paneer Paratha
This Palak Paneer Paratha is an Indian Whole Wheat Flatbread prepared by kneading whole wheat flour & spinach puree together and stuffed with mixture of cottage cheese (paneer) which is flavored with Indian spices
Servings 4 parathas
Measuring cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
For the Spinach Dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (chapati flour)
- 1 cup palak (spinach) puree (used 3 cups of baby spinach) – i dint blanch spinach in this recipe
- ½ cup water or as much needed to make a smooth soft dough
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon ghee or butter or oil to roast the paratha
Wash the spinach and blend together with ¼ cup of water to make spinach puree.
Take wheat flour, salt, spinach puree and oil in a bowl and mix well.
Add water and knead together to make a soft dough.Now apply oil over the dough and let it rest for atleast 15 mins.
For the Paneer Filling mix all the ingredients listed for making the filling in a bowl.
Divide the dough into equal portions.
Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch diameter circle.
Keep 2-3 tablespoon of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
Dust and roll gently to make a 6-8 inch diameter paratha.
Heat a griddle/tawa. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
Apple oil or ghee and cook until nicely browned.
Serve hot with raita and pickle.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- If you are vegan, then skip ghee and butter and use any cooking oil.
- You can also add some chopped mint for extra flavor.
- ¼ cup of grated cheese also can be added to the paneer filling to make spinach cheese paratha.
- Best if homemade paneer is used since it will be softer than store brought.
- You can also add finely chopped onions to the paneer filling.
- If you have leftover paneer bhurji, you can use it as a filling for this paratha.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 642mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 151IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 2.3mg