Chocolate Makhana Recipe
Chocolate Makhana recipe is a simple, quick and delicious instant snack where roasted makhana's are tossed in chocolate sauce.
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
How to Roast Makhana:- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai and add 1 cup of Makhana and dry roast them on very low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are crisp, keep stirring them in between so that Makhana doesn't burn.To check if they are roasted properly just take one Makhana in hand and crush it, if it breaks nicely with a crunching sound that means they are done perfectly. Now transfer makhanas to a plate and let them cool.
Take ¼ cup of chocolate (I used Amul brand) cut into small pieces in a microwave-safe bowl.
Then Microwave till the chocolate melts. Took about 2 minutes for me. Take out of the microwave and stir the melted chocolate and add the roasted makhana's.
Then mix well until makhanas are coated well with the chocolate. Sprinkle some chopped almonds for the crunch.
Line a baking tray with butter paper. Transfer the chocolate makhana's to it and let it cool for some time. I didn't have time so I refrigerated for 15 minutes and Chocolate makhanas are ready to serve. Enjoy!
- If you wish add other chopped nuts like cashews, pistachios to make it crunchy.
- You can also roll the chocolate makhana's in the cocoa powder in the end or drizzle some chocolate sauce if serving immediately.
- You can also make these chocolate makhana's using unsweetened cocoa powder, butter, and sugar.
- I have used Amul chocolate bar, you can use chocolate chips as well. For healthier options use dark chocolate.
- If you are vegan you can replace ghee with coconut oil or olive oil.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Make sure to roast makhanas before preparing chocolate makhana. Makhanas should be crispy.
- Do everything in low flame to get the perfect texture and taste.
- If you are making in bulk, do it in batches.
- The chocolate makhana remains good at room temperature in an air-tight container for 3-4 days. If they are exposed to air they get soggy and don't taste well.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg