Instant Pot Green Lentil Soup
Instant Pot Green Lentil Soup is a hearty, yet full-of-flavor lentil soup made with green lentils, carrots, celery, red bell pepper ,coconut milk and indian spices.Delicious
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup whole green or brown lentils rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut (Or olive oil)
- 1 medium yellow onions diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic garlic minced
- 2 stalks celery diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 large carrots diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 small red bell pepper diced (about ½ cup)
- salt adjust to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup thick coconut milk (optional)
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Instant Pot Method:
Firstly Wash and rinse the lentil, keep aside. Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it’s hot add minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Next add onions and saute until they soften.
Add carrot, celery, red bell pepper, tomato ,green lentils ,dry spices like turmeric ,ground cumin ,red chilli powder ,curry or garam masala powder into the pot.Pour vegetable stock or water into the Instant pot along with some salt and black pepper.
Close the lid on the pot.Set the instant pot to SOUP mode for 15 minutes.When the instant pot beeps, Quick Release(QR). Open the lid.
Add in the spinach, lemon juice. Stir it all up. Green Lentil Soup is ready to enjoy!Add in the spinach, lemon juice. Stir it all up. Green Lentil Soup is ready to enjoy!
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- I have also added ½ cup of full fat coconut milk to the lentil soup in the end but its totally optional.I love the flavor of the coconut milk in this soup.
- You can also add other greens like kale, mustard greens or chard.
- You can use brown lentils instead of green lentils.
- If you dont have celery or bell pepper you can still make this dish without those.Tastes divine!
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 1233mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 14900IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 0.8mg