Macaroni Salad|Deli-Style Macaroni Salad|Cold Pasta Salad
This colorful macaroni salad is prepared with grated carrot, onion, bell pepper all tossed in a creamy mayonnaise-mustard dressing.
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon spring onion
- salt as per taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard ,vinegar, red chilli powder, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, colored pepper, carrot and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can add vegetables of your choices like jalapeños, celery, lettuce, zucchini, cucumber
- Add an extra tablespoon of mayonnaise to salad before serving if you want salad more creamy.
- You can also add some shredded cheese.
Calories: 358kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.65g | Protein: 6.6g | Fat: 18.8g | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 4.07g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.73mg