Green Chutney for Sandwich (Coriander-Mint Chutney)
A quick, easy chutney that can be added for indian chats snacks for bhel puri ,sev puri ,samosa ,ragda patties and as a spread for sandwiches etc.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 2 cups coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 cup pudina leaves (mint)
- 2-3 green chillies
- 3 cloves garlic (optional)
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon roasted jeera (cumin) powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar to taste, optional
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt or black salt, to taste
- ¼ cup water for grinding or add as required
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Lemon juice can be added before or after blending it helps to restore green color of the chutney.
- Remove the woody part of the coriander and pudina stems as they give a bitter taste to the chutney.
- Wash the greens very well twice to remove mud or dirt.
- You can reduce chillies when making for kids.
- This chutney freezes very well.
Calories: 6kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 10mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 0.1mg