Spicy Potato Sandwich (Aloo Sandwich)
Spicy Potato Sandwich (Aloo Sandwich) is an easy Indian Style breakfast or snack recipe made with boiled and mashed potatoes, mozzarella cheese, few spices and toasted to perfection that you can be made in 20 minutes.
Add potato, onion, coriander leaves, garam masala, red chili powder, chat masala, salt, and mix this well in a bowl.
Take a bread slice spread the green chutney on this spread and the grated cheese.
Take another bread slice spread the potato mixture. Now cover this potato bread with another slice of bread, to which both chutney and cheese have been applied.
Put this on a Tawa or grill the sandwich till browned from both sides.
Cut into triangles and serve a potato cheese sandwich hot with tomato ketchup.
Tips & Variations
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Use brown or multigrain bread for healthier choices.
- You can also top with vegetables of your choice like tomato slices, capsicum.
- Toast the bread on tawa or use a sandwich maker or grill to roast golden and crisp.
- You can also use shredded mozzarella or paneer.
- You can skip onions and add shredded carrots to this filling.
- If you are vegan skip mozzarella or use vegan cheese and replace butter with oil.
- You can increase or decrease spices according to your choice.
- You can use the same potato mixture and make aloo paratha, aloo tikki.
Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.1g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 6.5g | Sodium: 69.5mg | Potassium: 165.1mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Vitamin A: 475.1IU | Vitamin C: 16.9mg | Calcium: 33.5mg | Iron: 1.3mg