Curd Sandwich (Dahi Sandwich)
Curd Sandwich|Yogurt Sandwich|Dahi Sandwich is a healthy, creamy and wholesome sandwich loaded with fresh vegetables
In a large mixing bowl take thick curd. Best if you use hung curd.
Add a few finely chopped vegetables like carrot, cabbage, capsicum, and sweet corn.
Next add Italian seasoning, chili flakes, salt, and pepper powder, adjust spices accordingly.
Mix well and keep aside. Take bread slices and spread the curd mixture generously on one slice of the bread. Cover and press with another bread slice over it.
Heat Tawa or sandwich maker, add butter. Now place the prepared sandwich and spread butter on top.
Grill or toast bread on both sides till golden brown and crisp. Cut the sandwiches into triangles.
Serve vegetable curd/Hung Curd sandwich recipe hot with tomato ketchup.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- How to make hung curd? Hung the curd/yogurt in the muslin or cheesecloth for 3 to 4 hrs or till all the water drains out. After this time period, pressure is applied to the bundle to squeeze out all the water and the hung curd is ready.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice. You can also add colored bell pepper, cucumber, bottle-gourd, mushrooms, and spinach leaves.
- Always use the fresh curd, don’t use sour curd.
- You can also add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise to the curd mixture.
- Use brown or multigrain bread for a healthier choice.
- Grilling or toasting sandwich is optional, so to make a cold curd sandwich, follow the same steps and skip the grill or toasting the sandwich.
- You can also add some cheese to make it more rich and cheesy.
- If you are a vegan, you can use cashew milk, peanut milk or soy milk for making the hung curd.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1554IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 2mg