Vegetable Quinoa Lentil Soup - Instant Pot
Quinoa Lentil Soup recipe is loaded with hearty vegetables, lentils, quinoa, also is nutrient dense and delicious.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup red lentils (masoor dal)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ inch ginger minced
- 2 bay leaf
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 2 medium tomato (about 1 cup)
- juice of half lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- 5 cups water (Or vegetable stalk)
- salt adjust to taste
Instant Pot Method:
Firstly wash and rinse the quinoa & red lentils, keep aside.
Press SAUTE on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it’s hot add bay leaf, minced garlic, ginger, onions and saute until they soften.
Then add carrot, celery, red bell pepper, tomato, quinoa, red lentils, dry spices like turmeric, ground cumin, red chili powder, curry, or garam masala powder into the pot.Pour vegetable stock or water into the Instant pot along with some salt and black pepper. Furthermore, close the lid on the pot, and turn the pressure valve to the SEALING position. Set the instant pot to SOUP mode for 6 minutes.When the instant pot beeps, Quick Release (QR). Open the lid.
Lastly, add in the spinach, lemon juice, and stir it all up. Adjust water and spices at this stage.
Vegetable Quinoa Lentil Soup is ready to enjoy!
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT.
Quinoa Lentil Soup usually becomes thick during cooking or storing. If it gets too thick simply thin it out with a little water or vegetable stock
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can also add other vegetables of your choice like green bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli.
- You can also replace greens like kale, mustard greens, or chard also with spinach.
- If you dont have celery or bell pepper you can still make this dish without those. Tastes divine!
- You can use yellow lentils (split moong dal) instead of red lentils (masoor dal).
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5040IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2.5mg