Instant Pot Vegetable Lentil Quinoa Soup
Vegetable Lentil Quinoa Soup recipe is loaded with hearty vegetables, lentils and quinoa ,also is nutrient dense ,very delicious and comfort food in each bite.We can also call it superfood and detox soup
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup red lentils (masoor dal)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1/2 inch ginger ,minced
- 2 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup onion ,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot ,diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper ,diced
- 1/2 cup celery ,diced
- 2 medium tomato (about 1 cup)
- juice of half lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- 5 cups water or vegetable stalk
- salt to taste
INSTANT POT METHOD:
Firstly Wash and rinse the quinoa & red lentils, keep aside.
Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once it’s hot add bay leaf, minced garlic ,ginger ,onions and saute until they soften.
Add carrot, celery, red bell pepper, tomato ,quinoa ,red lentils ,dry spices like turmeric ,ground cumin ,red chilli powder ,curry or garam masala powder into the pot.Pour vegetable stock or water into the Instant pot along with some salt and black pepper.
Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.Close the lid on the pot, and turn valve from VENTING to SEALING position.Set the instant pot to SOUP mode for 8 minutes.When the instant pot beeps, Quick Release(QR). Open the lid.
Add in the spinach, lemon juice. Stir it all up. Adjust water and spices at this stage.
Vegetable Quinoa Lentil Soup is ready to enjoy!
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT.
Quinoa Lentil Soup usually becomes thick during cooking or storing. If it gets too thick simply thin it out with a little water or vegetable stock
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can add other vegetables of your choice like green bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli.
- You can also add other greens like kale, mustard greens or chard.
- You can use yellow lentils(split moong dal) instead of red lentils (masoor dal).
- If you dont have celery or bell pepper you can still make this dish without those.Tastes divine!
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 456mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5040IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2.5mg