I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT
Tips & Variations
- Canned Kidney Beans: "Pressure Cook/Manual" High for 6-8 minutes or 2 whistles when using stovetop Indian pressure cooker for rajma with canned beans. Adjust water appropriately as it takes less water for cooking canned beans.
- Canned tomatoes: Canned tomatoes can also be used to replace fresh tomatoes. Use 1 cup canned tomatoes to replace fresh tomatoes.
- If you want thicker and creamy gravy you can mash ladle full of rajma and add them back to the curry.
- If you do not have amchur (dry mango powder) then replace it with 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- In this recipe, I have used basic Indian spices. You can also use store brought Rajma Masala, which replaces all the spices in this recipe. I like the Everest Rajma Masala powder.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.