Lemon Coriander Soup
Lemon Coriander Soup is a scrumptious and healthy soup with refreshing combination of lemon and coriander rich in vitamin C , low in calories
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice OR juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves (cilantro) ,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic ,minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 green chillies ,finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion ,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot ,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage ,finely chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli ,finely chopped
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour mixed in 1/4 cup of water (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, once oil is hot ,add ginger ,garlic ,green chillies and saute for 30 secs.
Next add onions and saute till they turn translucent.
Add mixed vegetables, saute for 2 minutes until the veggies are tender and then add water or vegetable stock ,salt and pepper and bring it to boil.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of corn flour along with 1/4 cup of water until there are no lumps.
Add the cornflour slurry and bring the soup to rolling boil.The soup would thicken a bit.At this stage turn off the gas flame.
Then add the lime juice and coriander (cilantro) and mix well.Adjust seasoning at this stage.
Serve Lemon Coriander Soup piping hot.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Add lemon juice after turning off the flame else it will turn bitter
- Add coriander leaves after turning of the flame ,else it may turn black.
- Adding cornflour slurry will give a slightly thick consistency. however, it is optional.
- You can add vegetables of your choice like green beans ,peas ,sweet corn ,bell pepper ,zucchini etc to make it a healthy soup
- You can also add stem of coriander gives to give a good flavor to the soup
Calories: 22kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.4g | Protein: 12g | Vitamin C: 12.6mg