Beetroot Carrot Sandwich
Beetroot Carrot Sandwich is a simple, colorful, delicious take on healthy food loaded with freshly grated beetroot, carrot and cream cheese spread
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
For Sandwich Spread:
- 1 medium beetroot peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot peeled and grated
- ¼ cup cream cheese spread Or mayonnaise or hung curd
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ⅛ teaspoon italian seasoning dried herbs (optional)
- salt to taste
Peel and grate the beetroot and carrot. Keep aside.
Take grated beetroot, carrot, cream cheese spread, black pepper powder, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well and keep aside. Note: Add more cream cheese if you desire.
Take bread slices, apply some butter first, and then spread beetroot carrot cheese mixture generously on one slice of the bread. Cover and press with another bread slice over it.
Heat Tawa or sandwich maker, add butter. Now place the prepared sandwich and spread butter on top.
Grill or toast bread on both sides till golden brown and crisp.
Serve sandwiches hot with tomato ketchup.
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Use brown or multigrain bread for healthier choices.
- You can also add colored bell pepper, shredded cabbage, or lettuce.
- If you don't have cream cheese, you can replace it with hung curd or mayonnaise.
- Grilling or toasting a sandwich is optional, so to make a cold curd sandwich, follow the same steps and skip grill or toasting the sandwich.
- Toast the bread on tawa or use a sandwich maker or grill to roast golden and crisp.
- You can use oil instead of butter if you wish to.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 671mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 5422IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 4mg