Aloo Masala Puri (Potato Masala Poori)
Aloo Masala Puri|Potato Masala Poori is a delicious unleavened Indian fried bread made with made with wheat flour,boiled potatoes and few spices and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner
Measuring cup used (1 cup = 250 ml)
Combine the whole wheat flour, sooji, boiled and mashed potato along with cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, red chilli flakes, garam masala ,kasuri methi ,salt and mix well.Knead into a stiff dough.
Divide the dough into small lime size pieces and roll it out into a 3 to 4 inch circle dusting with little flour.I got 12 poori’s.
Carefully slide rolled poori into hot oil and deep fry on both sides until it slightly starts to change color.
Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate and serve warm with any side dish of your choice.
Tips & Variations of Aloo Masala Puri
- Dough should not be soft like roti or loose or sticky. It should be slight stiff yet smooth.
- Roll the aloo masala pooris of medium thickness. If it is too thin like roti then it will not puff up while frying.
- Do not forget to add semolina/sooji as it helps keep aloo poori crispy for longer.
- You can also replace Kasuri methi with finely chopped coriander leaves or mint(pudina).
- While deep frying the pooris make sure that the oil is hot sufficiently else the poori will not puff up.
- You can also add spinach puree or beetroot puree instead of potato and make these masala pooris.
- Adjust the spices according to your taste.
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 1350mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 609IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 7mg