Broccoli Raita is an easy and healthy raita made with yogurt (curd) , sautéed broccoli and some spices.Can be served with Vegetable Pulao ,Veg Biryani or eaten as it is
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 cup yogurt (curd)
- ½ cup broccoli finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeera) seeds
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon oil
- salt adjust to taste
Heat ½ teaspoon of oil in a kadai.Add cumin (jeera) seeds.let them splutter.Then add green chillies and ginger and saute for few seconds.
Add chopped broccoli ,salt and saute for 2-3 minutes till the broccoli is cooked well.Cool the mixture before adding to the yogurt.
Whisk the yogurt or curd in a large mixing bowl.
Add sautéed broccoli mixture and salt.Taste at this stage to make sure the amount of salt and spices is enough.
Broccoli Raita is ready ,Serve chilled.
Tips & Variations:
Note:Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour.If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- You have to saute or steam broccoli ,raw broccoli doesn't taste great with this raita.You can also add some grated carrots in this recipe.
- You can also add finely chopped mint(pudina) or coriander leaves.
- If the raita becomes too thick add more milk.
- To Make it Keto or Low Carb friendly use Greek Yogurt
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 269IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1mg