Zucchini Raita recipe
Zucchini Raita is an easy and healthy raita recipe made with yogurt (curd), sautéed grated zucchini and some spices.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a Kadai. Add mustard seeds and cumin (jeera) seeds. Let them splutter.Then add green chilies, curry leaves, asafetida (hing), and saute for a few seconds.
Add grated zucchini, salt, and saute for 2-3 minutes until the zucchini is cooked well and moisture evaporates. Cool the mixture before adding to the yogurt.
Whisk the yogurt or curd in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed zucchini mixture. Taste at this stage to ensure the amount of salt and spices is enough.
Zucchini Raita recipe is ready, serve chilled.
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Adding milk to the yogurt prevents it from turning sour. If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- You have to saute or steam zucchini, raw zucchini doesn’t taste great with this raita. Grated carrots also can be added to this recipe.
- You can either grate or finely chop zucchini for this raita recipe.
- If the raita becomes too thick add more milk.
- To Make this zucchini yogurt recipe Keto friendly, use Greek Yogurt or hung curd.
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 1mg