Instant Pot Zucchini Soup
Zucchini Soup is easy, filling, rich and creamy recipe prepared with just a handful of ingredients like zucchini(courgette), garlic ,onions ,vegetable stock, coconut milk or cream in Instant Pot Pressure cooker
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250ml
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large zucchini diced (about 3-3.5 cups)
- 1 cup water or vegetable stock
- salt to taste
- black pepper powder to taste
- ½ cup coconut milk or heavy cream or half and half
Instant Pot Method:
Press SAUTE on Instant Pot. Add butter or oil and once it’s hot add minced garlic and onions. Saute until they soften and turn translucent.
Add diced zucchini ,water or vegetable stock, and salt.
Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 5 minutes.
When the instant pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally. Open the lid.
Puree soup using a hand blender until smooth.If you don’t have a hand blender ,puree in a blender in batches once slightly cooled.
Add coconut milk or heavy cream, black pepper ,stir well.If you think soup is too thick ,you can add water or coconut milk into soup and Simmer for 2 minutes.
Instant Pot Pressure cooker Zucchini soup is ready to serve.
Stovetop Pot Method:
Follow the same steps as the Instant pot, for STOVETOP, Cover and simmer until the zucchini is soft, for about 20 minutes. Rest all the steps remains the same.
I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT.
- Make it spicy: Sprinkle some crushed red chilli flakes to this soup before serving to give a soup kick.
- Add in some extra veggies: feel free to add a handful of chopped broccoli or spinach along with the zucchini. If you are not on Keto diet then you can also add potatoes when you cook zucchini ,this gives more creamy texture or blend in a some of cooked/canned white beans for protein.
- Vegan:I have used coconut milk in this recipe.But you can also add almond milk ,half and half ,heavy cream ,greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Toppings:You can use shredded zucchini ,cheese ,sesame seeds, as healthier toppings option.
- Fresh Herbs: use rosemary , oregano or thyme.
Note:Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Be sure to sauté the onion and garlic, in a little olive oil or butter first. Soup will have a rich flavor.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3.5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg