Moringa leaves chutney
Moringa leaves Coconut Chutney is a healthy South Indian style chutney recipe made with moringa (drumstick leaves).
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil Or olive oil
- ½ cup tender moringa (drumstick leaves) tightly packed
- 3 green chillies
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1 small piece of tamarind Or 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- salt adjust to taste
Add 1 teaspoon of oil to a pan, add the green chilies and moringa leaves and saute for a minute until the leaves wilt.Dont overcook.Keep aside.
In a blender take shredded coconut ,roasted green chillies-moringa leaves mixture , tamarind ,ginger ,salt and blend into a smooth paste by adding ½ cup of water.
Transfer in the serving bowl.Pour the tempering. Moringa chutney is ready and can be served with dosa, idli or chapati.
Variations & Tips:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- If you dont have tamarind replace it with lemon juice or curd.For authentic chutney recipe tamarind is used.
- I sometimes like adding few curry leaves while grinding gives unique taste and is more healthier.
- If you are using frozen shredded coconut, add some hot water while grinding or microwave frozen coconut for few seconds before grinding.This will get you right chutney consistency.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 106mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg