Boondi ka Raita is a delicious raita recipe made yogurt, small fried chickpea flour balls and spices.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
Soak the Boondi in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Then, squeeze out the boondi gently in between your palm to remove excess water. This step helps to remove excess oil from boondi.You can also skip this step and add dry boondi's directly into the yogurt.
Whisk the yogurt (curd) in a large mixing bowl until smooth. If the yogurt is very thick, add ¼ cup of water and whisk again.
Add spices like roasted jeera powder, red chili powder, chat masala powder, black pepper powder, sugar, black salt, and coriander leaves. Mix it very well.
Next, add soaked boondi and mix well.
Serve chilled with vegetable biryani or pulao.
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Soaking boondi in hot water is optional, it helps to take away excess oil from boondi.
- Add boondi into the yogurt just before serving else boondi will turn soggy.
- I have added plain salted boondi in this recipe, if you are using kara (spiced) boondis then adjust the spices accordingly.
- Adding milk to the yogurt helps it from turning sour. If you are using fresh yogurt then skip it.
- To make a vegan version, use the non-dairy yogurt of your choice.
- You can also add finely chopped mint (pudina) to boondi raita recipe.
- If the raita becomes too thick add more milk or water.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 352mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 1.2mg