Chickpea Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Chickpea Cucumber Salad with yogurt dressing is a protein packed salad which comes together in 10 minutes.
Measuring cup used [1 cup = 250ml]
- 1 ½ cup cooked chickpeas (chana) ( or 1 15 oz can)
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup coriander leaves (cilantro) chopped
- ½ cup greek yogurt (or hung curd)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (Or vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- salt & black pepper to taste
Whisk the Greek yogurt, olive oil, lime juice (or vinegar), garlic, cumin powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Add the chickpeas, cucumber, onion, cilantro, and toss the salad to combine. Adjust the seasoning at this stage.
This chana salad recipe is best enjoyed after sitting in the refrigerator for at-least 1-2 hours.
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can add hearty veggies of your choice like boiled sweet potatoes, bell pepper, avocado.
- You can also replace cilantro with dill leaves, mint, or parsley.
- If you have sour cream at home, try replacing 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt with sour cream.
- If you don't have greek yogurt at home, take regular yogurt and pour it in a muslin cloth and drain the whey for 30 minutes above the kitchen sink.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg