Chickpea Salad with Yogurt Dressing
Chickpea Cucumber Salad with yogurt dressing is a protein packed salad which comes together in 10 minutes.
Measuring cup used [1 cup = 250ml]
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (chana)
- ½ cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup greek yogurt (or hung curd)
- salt adjust to taste
- black pepper adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (cilantro) chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (Or vinegar)
In a large bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt, vinegar or lime juice, salt and pepper.
Add the chickpeas ,cucumber, onion, cilantro, and toss the salad to combine.Adjust the seasoning at this stage.
This salad is best enjoyed after sitting in the refrigerator for at-least 1-2 hours.
Tips & Variations:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can add hearty veggies of your choice like boiled sweet potatoes, bell pepper, avocado.
- You can also replace cilantro with dill leaves ,mint or parsley.
- If you have sour cream at home ,try replacing 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt with sour cream.
- If you dont have greek yogurt at home ,take regular yogurt and pour it in a muslin cloth and drain the whey for 30 minutes above the kitchen sink.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg