Instant Coconut ladoo Recipe
This Instant Coconut ladoo is a quick and easy Indian sweet made using 3 ingredients desiccated coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and cardamon in just 10 minutes
Servings 12 ladoos
Measuring cup used [1 cup = 250ml]
In a heavy bottom pan, add the desiccated coconut and condensed milk. Mix well.Keep stirring and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture starts coming together leaving sides of the pan. Do not overcook ladoos they will turn hard.
Add the powdered cardamom. Combine well and turn off the flame.
Transfer the ladoo mixture in a bowl or a plate and let it cool.
Grease your palm with some ghee. Then take some mixture in your hand and make round balls. You will get around 12 medium ladoos.
Take remaining desiccated coconut in a plate and roll the prepared laddus in the coconut.
Instant Coconut ladoos are ready. You can garnish the ladoos with pistachios or slivered almonds.
Tips & Variations
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- If you have coarse desiccated coconut then blend it in a mixer for few seconds.
- You may also roast desiccated coconut for 2-3 minutes in a teaspoon of ghee before mixing condensed milk to get maximum flavor.
- If coconut ladoo mixture looks dry and unable to form a ladoo then add little milk and mix it. Adding milk gives a nice soft texture and also easy to hold.
- If you are using fresh coconut then roast in little ghee for 4-5 minutes till the moisture goes away or until it turns aromatic.
- Cook the coconut and condensed milk mixture on a low flame with constant stirring else it may burn.
- You can also add chopped roasted nuts like almonds and cashews.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg