Southwest Salad with Avocado Dressing
This healthy Southwestern chopped salad is delicious and full of flavor made with fresh vegetables, plant-based proteins, and topped with creamy avocado cilantro dressing
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup corn kernels cooked
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ¾ cup grape tomato halved
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
To make the avocado dressing:
Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Process or blend until smooth by scraping the sides few times. Adjust the seasoning at this stage and feel free to add some water to get the desired consistency.
In a large mixing bowl, Add lettuce, black beans, corn, bell peppers, onion, tomato, green onions and cilantro.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.Serve Immediately and Enjoy!
Variations & Tips
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- You can add additional vegetables of your choice like shredded carrots, cucumber, diced avocado, olives.
- Use any beans of your choice. Black beans, pinto beans, or red kidney beans all pair well in this southwestern salad.
- You can also use cheese blend or cheddar cheese for garnishing.
- Leftover avocado dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 609mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10262IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg