Kachumber Salad Recipe
Kachumber / Kuchumber Salad is a simple Indian salad recipe made with freshly diced cucumber, tomatoes, onions, chili peppers and lime juice
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 medium english cucumber (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium roma tomato de seeded (about 1 cup)
- 1 small onion (about ½ cup)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin (jeera) powder
- salt and black peper adjust to taste
- juice of ½ lime
- ¼ cup coriander leaves finely chopped
In a large mixing bowl, add the diced cucumber, onions, tomatoes, green chili, coriander leaves, roasted cumin powder, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Toss everything well!
Serve Immediately or place in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Variations
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- To reduce the sharpness of raw onion flavor, soak chopped onion in water for 15 minutes, drain, and then use it.
- You can also add 1-2 tablespoons of freshly chopped mint.
- Add vinegar to taste instead of lime juice.
- You can also add extra vegetables of your choice.
- This salad tastes best when freshly made but leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container overnight and consumed the next day.
Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 413IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg