Cabbage Peas Stir Fry (Patta Gobi Matar)
Cabbage Peas Stir Fry is a very delicious side dish recipe prepared with cabbage (bund/patta gobi), green peas and a mix of spices.
measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
INSTANT POT METHOD:
Press SAUTE mode on Instant Pot. Add oil in to the POT.Once hot, add cumin seeds ,let them splutter.Next add minced ginger , green chili .Saute for 20 secs .
Add shredded cabbage ,green peas ,turmeric powder ,coriander powder ,sugar ,salt ,water and mix well.Make sure to scrap of any spice if sticking to the pot.
Close the lid on the pot, and turn pressure valve to SEALING position.Press CANCEL button on Instant Pot.
Set the pot to MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK (High Pressure) and set timer to 1 minute.When the instant pot beeps ,Do a QUICK RELEASE(QR)
Remove lid away from you, sprinkle garam masala and lemon juice ,Mix well.If there is any water, change the setting to saute mode and get it to your desired consistency.Cabbage Peas Stir Fry are ready, serve with hot with chapatis, roti & parathas.
STOVE TOP METHOD:
Heat a pan/kadai on medium heat.Add oil in to the pan.Once hot, add cumin seeds ,let them splutter.Next add minced ginger , green chili .Saute for 20 secs .
Add shredded cabbage ,green peas ,turmeric powder ,coriander powder ,sugar, salt ,water and mix everything well.Close lid and cook on medium low flame for 10 minutes.Stir occasionally.
Once done, sprinkle garam masala and lemon juice ,Mix well.Switch off the flame when there is still some crunch to the cabbage. You dont want them to be too mushy or overcooked.Cabbage Peas Stir Fry are ready, serve with hot with chapatis, roti & parathas.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- I have prepared this dish in my electric pressure cooker, Instant Pot DUO60 6 QT.If using an 8 qt or a newer model of instant pot which are more sensitive to burn issues, add 1/4 cup of water before pressure cooking.
- If you want a little more spicy, add more red chilli powder or 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- If you don't have lemon juice then replace with 1/4 teaspoon of dry mango powder (amchur powder).
- You can also add onions and tomatoes to this recipe, but i like it without these.
- I like cabbage to be little crunchy and not mushy ,so i do a Quick Pressure Release (QR) as soon as the instant pot beeps.If you want the cabbage peas to be more soft then wait for 5 minutes after instant pot beeps and then release pressure manually.
- You can skip peas to make this low carb/keto friendly recipe.
- I have successfully doubled this recipe in my 6 quart by doubling all ingredients and keeping the cook time the same.
Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6.5g | Fat: 5.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.8g | Sodium: 835mg | Potassium: 731.1mg | Fiber: 9.7g | Sugar: 12.3g | Vitamin A: 1500IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 2.2mg