Cold Cucumber Soup with Yogurt and Dill
This cold cucumber soup recipe made with yogurt, lime, mint, and dill is a refreshing summer appetizer or side dish
Measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250ml
- 5-6 small persian cucumber or 2 english cucumber (about 3 cups )
- 1 cup greek yogurt (or thick yogurt)
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup dill leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons red onion (white, red, or green)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings at this stage.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Pour into the serving bowls and garnish with finely chopped cucumber, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh dill.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
Variations & Substitutions
- If you don't have plain yogurt at home, replace it with buttermilk or sour cream.
- Use any other fresh herbs of your choice like basil, parsley, tarragon, or cilantro.
- To make this cucumber soup vegan, replace the regular yogurt with plain plant-based yogurt like coconut yogurt or soy yogurt.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 426IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg