Air Fryer Broccoli
Crisp and tender Roasted Broccoli made in the Air fryer with very little oil, is so delicious!
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
Prep:Cut the broccoli head into small sized florets, roughly the same size for even cooking. Rince the broccoli thoroughly with water, pat them dry on a kitchen towel. Season:Place broccoli florets to a medium bowl. Add olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss them well, until evenly coated with the seasoning. Using your hands works best for this. Preheat: Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (200°C). Transfer the broccoli to the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer (cook in batches if required). Air Fry:Air fryer them at 390°F (200°C) for 7-9 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp. Shake the basket halfway through. Mine was cooked perfectly in 7 minutes. Serve:Drizzle some freshly squeezed lemon juice on the roasted broccoli for extra flavor and serve immediately. Tastes best when it's hot.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread the seasoned broccoli evenly in a single layer.Cook for about 15-17 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp. You may have to turn them once halfway through.
Pro-Tips & Notes
- Cut them the same size: This helps for quick and even cooking.
- Work in batches. Make sure to spread the broccoli in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving some space between each other. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the basket halfway: It's important to shake the basket halfway through to allow the cauliflower florets to be cooked evenly.
- Serve them right away: This crispy roasted broccoli gets soggy as they sit and cool.
- The exact cooking time will vary based on the air fryer being used.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Lemon wedges and/or zest: Add a fresh squeeze of lemon juice right before serving.
- Balsamic Vinegar: You can toss 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar before roasting.
- Cheese: Sprinkle freshly-grated grated Parmesan cheese after roasting.
- Herbs: add a handful of fresh finely chopped mint, parsley, or cilantro.
- Seasonings: You can sprinkle some Italian seasoning and red chili flakes before roasting.
- Spices: You can also add ground cumin, turmeric, red chili flakes, and garam masala for an Indian twist. Taco seasoning for Mexican twist before roasting.
Calories: 82kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 365mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 707IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg