Barbeque Nation Style Cajun Potatoes
Barbeque Nation Style Crispy Cajun Potatoes with spicy Cajun mayonnaise dip is a great and easy appetizer for small parties or get-togethers.
Measuring cup used (1 cup = 250ml)
Cajun Mayonnaise Dressing :
- 10-12 baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoon corn flour (corn starch)
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow fry
- 2 tablespoon onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves finely chopped
Making the Cajun Mayonnaise Dressing:
Preparing the Potatoes:
Scrub the baby potatoes to get rid of any dirt.
Cook the baby potatoes with skin till just tender (90% cooked).You can either useInstant Pot – "MANUAL/PRESSURE COOK" for 4 minutes on HIGH and quick release manually.Stove Top Pressure Cooker – Cook for 1 whistle.Microwave – For 5 minutes or till tender.Stove Top Pot – Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes.Finally drain the water and let the potatoes cool.
Now place the potatoes on a chopping board ,using a heavy spoon, press each baby potato till the skin just splits.(do not break).
Sprinkle some cornflour on the potatoes and mix until the potatoes are lightly coated on both sides.
Shallow Fry Method:In a shallow pan ,heat some oil on medium-high flame ,shallow fry the coated baby potatoes till they turn crispy and golden brown color.You can deep fry as well. Air Fryer Method:I have used Instant Vortex AirFryer for this method. You can use any airfyer which is available.Now place the coated baby potatoes into a single layer.Brush some oil on top of potatoes.Using the display panel, select AIRFRY, then adjust the temperature to 395°F (200°C) and set the time to 16 minutes, then touch START.So preheating starts for 3 minutes.When the display indicates “Add Food” insert the cooking tray in the center position.When the display indicates “Turn Food” carefully flip the potatoes.Once potatoes are crispy and golden brown ,take them on to the plate.
Lay the crispy potatoes on a serving plate.Add Cajun Mayonnaise Dressing on each potato along with finely chopped onions & coriander.Serve immediately.
Tips & Variations
Cajun Spice Mix:
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Instead of baby potatoes, regular potatoes can be quartered and can be used. I highly recommend using baby potatoes.
- Do not remove the skin, skin makes potatoes more crispy.
- Dont over boil the potatoes.
- You can also use store brought cajun spice mix.
- Cajun spice mix: This can be made 1 month ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Cajun Mayonnaise dressing should be added over the potatoes just before serving, else it will turn soggy.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 1051mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 49.2mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg