Crispy Corn Pakoda (Corn Fritters)
Corn Pakora is an easy recipe in which deep-fried crisp corn fritters are made with chickpeas flour, sweet corn, and regular Indian spices.
Coarsely grind the boiled sweet corn kernels. Pulse in a mixer/blender for few times.
In a large bowl, add the coarsely ground sweet corn, onions, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric, chat masala powder, jeera, besan, rice flour, and salt.
Combine and mix well without adding any water. Add more besan if required.
Now drop the corn pakoda mixture into the hot oil.
Stir occasionally and fry on medium flame. Fry till the pakora turns crispy and golden brown in color. Note: takes approximately 10-12 minutes.
Drain them on kitchen tissues. Finally, serve crispy corn pakoda with masala tea and ketchup.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer:
Place a sheet of parchment or lightly oiled aluminum foil in the basket/tray. Now spread the corn pakora mixture onto the foil into a single layer. Spray some oil on top of pakoras.
Using the display panel, select AIRFRY, adjust the temperature to 395°F (200°C), set the time to 10 minutes, and then touch START. So preheating starts for 2-3 minutes.
When the display indicates "Add Food" insert the cooking tray in the center position.
When the display indicates "Turn Food" carefully flip the pakoras.
Once pakoras are crispy and golden brown, take them onto the plate and sprinkle chat masala powder.
Corn Pakoda in Regular Airfryer
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- To make sweet corn pakoda, you can use corn on the cob or frozen corn. I have used frozen corn in this recipe.
- Do not make a fine paste of corn while grinding it. It should be coarsely ground.
- If you dont have rice flour at home, you can add some cornflour to the pakora mix.
- To Make the Jain version, you can skip onion and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add some besan (chickpea flour) if the batter is too watery.
- Total cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand you use and how crispy you want.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 196mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.7mg