Hurigadale Chutney Pudi (Roasted Channa Dal Chutney Powder)
Hurigadale chutney pudi is very quick and easy breakfast side dish, Chutney powders are the basic must to have items in south indian kitchen.
Measuring cup used (1 cup = 250 ml)
In a kadai or pan add curry leaves and dry roast on medium flame until they turn dry and crispy. Cool completely.
Take all above ingredients in blender and blend them to make a dry smooth powder.
Transfer it back to the plate, mix it well.
Store it in an air tight container. Serve it with roti or chapathi.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- The spice level of this powder is low to medium, unlike the other chutney powders.
- You can dry roast curry leaves in the microwave for 90-120 secs.
- This powder stays good for at least 1-2 months.
- You could also add 2 tablespoons of dry grated coconut, which enhances the flavor.
- You may find the powder to be dry to eat. This powder can be mixed with curd or ghee or oil and then consumed with rice or roti.
- This powder is often used as curry powder in many South Indian curries. Helps to thicken the curry.
Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 75mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg