If you are looking for more chutney powder recipes then do check my Peanut chutney powder/shenga chutney pudi(north karnataka style) , Flax seeds chutney powder , gun powder for dosa/idli tawa fry recipes.
Hurigadale Chutney Pudi Video Recipe Below
Hurigadale Chutney Pudi Recipe Card Below
Hurigadale Chutney Pudi | Putani/Roasted Channa Dal Chutney Powder
Write a review
- measuring cup used ,1 cup = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup Hurikadale/Roasted Channa Dal/Putani/Kadle Papu/Daliya
- 1.5 tablespoon Red chili powder (adjust as per your spice level)
- 2-3 lines Curry leaves(sun dried or dry roasted)
- 3 big Garlic cloves(USA) or two small full bulb(Indian garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon Jaggery
- little Tamarind
- Salt as per your taste
- In a kadai or pan add curry leaves and dry roast on medium flame until they turn dry and crispy.Cool Completely.
- Take all above ingredients in blender and blend them . Make a dry smooth powder.
- Transfer it back to the plate, mix it well.
- Store it in an air tight container.Serve it with roti or chapathi.
- 1.The spice level of this powder is low to medium unlike the other chutney powders.
- 2.You can dry roast curry leaves in microwave for 90-120 secs.
- 3.This powder stays good for atleast 1-2 months.
- 4.You could also add 2 tablespoon of dry grated coconut ,enhances flavor.
- 5.You may find the powder to be dry to eat. This powder can be mixed with curd or ghee or oil and then consumed with rice or roti.
- 6.This powder can be used as curry powder in many south indian curries.Helps to thicken the curry.
indian veggie delight https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/