Pineapple Fried Rice
This pineapple fried rice recipe is one of my favorites for busy days! Super easy, healthy, and yummy.
(1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup cooked rice basmati rice (short grain rice also can be used)
- ½ cup fresh pineapple,chopped
- ½ cup mix veggies (carrot,beans,capsicum,peas)
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp coconut oil or nay cooking oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1 tbsp spring onions (optional)
In a large pan or wok, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until aromatic.Then add onion saute till they get light golden brown.
Then add mix veggies and stir fry until they are tender but crisp.
Next add pineapple chunks ,cooked rice, soya sauce ,crushed black pepper, salt and stir well until combined.Turn off the flame.
Serve with fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and chopped spring onions (or scallions). Enjoy!
1.You can also use canned pineapple chunks.Just make sure to use canned pineapple without additional sugar. Otherwise the recipe will turn out too sweet.But fresh pineapple is recommend.
2.For kids if they dont like soya sauce flavor ,you can avoid adding it.