Corn Fried Rice
Sweet Corn Fried Rice recipe is a quick ,easy and delicious Indian Chinese style stir fried rice that can be prepared with leftover rice under 15 minutes.
Measuring cup used 1 cup = 250 ml
- 1 tablespoons sesame Or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green chilies slit lengthwise
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn frozen or fresh
- ¾ cup colored bell pepper (red ,green,yellow)
- 2 teaspoon soya sauce (adjust to suit your taste)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar Or apple cider (optional)
- 2 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
- Black Pepper Powder to taste
- salt to taste
Heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame or olive oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 30 secs or until aromatic.
Then add onions and green chili and cook for about 2 minutes till onions turn soft.
Add sweet corn, colored bell peppers, and stir fry till the vegetables are crunchy.
Then add soy sauce, vinegar, and saute on high flame, stirring regularly without getting burnt.
Add the cooked rice, salt, and ground black pepper and gently mix it evenly. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
Note: Nutrition values are my best estimates. If you rely on them for your diet, use your preferred nutrition calculator.
- Make sure the heat is medium-high to high heat while stir frying.
- Don’t cover the pan. This causes the vegetables to steam.
- Try to use low sodium soya sauce and if you are looking for gluten-free use Tamari or also Coconut Aminos replaces the soy sauce and it’s the best!
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 492mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1852IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg